This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Sketch Box

Ted Mecimore

11 Feb, 2013 06:20 PM

Looking at building an app that Fulcrum is ideal for, except.... I need a sketch box for a field option. Any plans on that?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 11 Feb, 2013 08:44 PM

Hello Ted,

Thanks a lot for checking out Fulcrum!

We have not received any requests for a sketch box field for Fulcrum. I can certainly add it to our user feature request list. How were you looking to use Fulcrum? I was also wondering if you could provide a use case for such a feature so that we can better understand how this feature would be used by the data collectors. Also, any information on how this field might look and operate, in your mind, would be great also.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. 2 Posted by Mecimore, Ted on 14 Feb, 2013 04:36 PM

We often us e a signature box on our forms. That would be a key item to have. Another would be the ability to draw in a sketch boxes specific details about a site 9note things like septic tanks, towers, etc.)

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Alex Helms on 14 Feb, 2013 05:43 PM

Hello Ted,

We are in the finial stages of developing a signature field and plan on having that released for iOS devices by the end of the month. Signature field support for Android devices will be released in March.

Thanks for the added feedback on the sketch box. In your mind, would you want features such as an eraser, line color and thickness as available options?

Thanks,
    Alex

4. 4 Posted by Mecimore, Ted on 14 Feb, 2013 06:01 PM

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 12:44 PM
    To: Mecimore, Ted
    Subject: Re: Sketch Box [Suggestions #7582]

// Add your reply above here

==================================================

Subject: Sketch Box

Hello Ted,

We are in the finial stages of developing a signature field and plan on having that released for iOS devices by the end of the month. Signature field support for Android devices will be released in March.

Thanks for the added feedback on the sketch box. In your mind, would you want features such as an eraser, line color and thickness as available options? That would be a nice feature.

Thanks,

Alex

View this Discussion online: http://support.fulcrumapp.com/discussions/suggestions/7582-sketch-box

--

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. This message may be privileged and confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication by mistake, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message. Thank You.

5. 5 Posted by ben on 02 Mar, 2013 10:30 PM

Collecting sketches is also a feature we are interested in.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Alex Helms on 04 Mar, 2013 01:08 PM

Thanks for adding your vote for the feature.

Alex

7. 7 Posted by James Blumensch... on 31 Oct, 2015 08:58 PM

Has anything ever come up with adding a sketch field? So, I am trying to build an app that we collect data on utility stations. One aspect of that data is a sketch of the station. The sketch is only lines and circles, but required by the client. Thanks!

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Alex Helms on 02 Nov, 2015 12:48 PM

Hello James,

A sketch field is still something that is on our radar. I do not have an timeline of when this feature will be built out yet. While not an ideal workaround. If you are looking to capture sketches right away, we do have uses that use an app called Skitch to capture annotations on photos and/or create sketches. Once the sketch has been created in Skitch, it can be saved as a photo file and be uploaded to a photo field in Fulcrum.

Thanks,
    Alex

9. 9 Posted by James Blumensch... on 03 Nov, 2015 03:17 AM

Alex,

Thanks for your reply! The third party app is a nice work around for sure. My only concern is centered around streamlining the data collection process. We are collecting a large amount of field data among several, not-so-technical contributors. So it would be great to have the sketch option directly within the app. Taking suggestions from other users, we have (for now) been using the signature field for sketches. The only downfall has been that you cannot reopen the signature sketch to make edits. If you try to reopen in, you have to redraw the sketch.

Thanks again!

10. 10 Posted by alyssa on 20 Oct, 2016 11:43 PM

Hello - just adding my vote for a sketch field with a bit more functionality than the signature field (i.e. different colours, line thickness, eraser would be nice). Also, I notice this is on a different form discussion as well, the ability to sketch over a photo is a feature that we have used when we were using a different cloud forms service, and one that my users have expressed great interest in!

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Alex Helms on 21 Oct, 2016 11:58 AM

Thanks a lot for sharing your interest in this functionality!

12. 12 Posted by Brian on 23 Dec, 2016 11:58 AM

I have a vote for this as well. It is helpful to have a sketch function on photos available to precisely call out something on photos, such as where the leak is. It is helpful to have a photo background as an image, or keep it white for one-line Electrical or HVAC layouts. I have seen this as a feature in some competitor platforms.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac