This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Display label names and label value in export

ymbodji

25 Aug, 2016 01:35 PM

Hi Team,
I am using the SPSS to analyse my data after i export it from Fulcrum in format Excel. That's why i would to discuss this point:
How fulcrum present data when we export it into excel: for example if the gender is (male=1, female=2), it exports value either only (1, 2) or (male, female). but doesn't export it the both at the same time. Sometimes when we analyse data we just need (1,2) but want to know the corresponding label value when we show the result in table/graphic in excel.

The other point is a similar question is the name of variable. When you export it, it presents you the name of variable but not the label of the name. For example the label can be "what is the gender?" and the name of variable "q1". It presents you only "q1", it was interesting if we can have the label too which has more meaningful in the graphic and understand the result. In this example, "q1" is useful when you want to develop an expression to calculate the field.
Hope you integrate it in your APP. Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 25 Aug, 2016 01:52 PM

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I will share this with the team.

If you wish to have the export contain both the label and value, why not just add the label to the value column (choice fields) or the label to the data name field (column headers)?

2. 2 Posted by ymbodji on 25 Aug, 2016 02:35 PM

Thanks for your response,
    As I explain (male=1, female=2) sometimes you need the label value to make an expression to calculate (1,2) instead of (male/female) especially if the label is too long character. You need to display male/female when you show a graphic/table for example.
    It's the same reason for name of variable. If the label name is too long, character you prefer to use the name of variable ("q1") in calculation to avoid making mistake and it's more efficience. But to display a graphic you need to link "q1" for his label name to better understand the meaning (what is your gender?)

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac