This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Style control over fields?

toryalaihart

15 May, 2016 09:45 AM

Hi all,

With the introduction of calculated fields, users are a little confused when then can't click on something to fill it out because it's calculated, and there's nothing in the app presentation to visually distinguish a calculated field from a regular one (Android and iOS anyway).

I then found myself pulling my hair out trying to figure out visibility and requirement patterns in field sets (about to add a lot of fields, all contingent on others in terms of visibility/requirement) but was/am having a very hard time making up from down in all that -- actually having to make an excel table for fields with condition flags to figure out what I have exactly and how to add to it, and then manually check each control/field against those settings. Historically, I've used the app itself on the phone to check, but things are getting complicated.

It seems to me that if we had 5-10 simple styling presets that could be selected for any control, it would provide a great way for designers to guide/verify their logic/groupings etc (sections don't really work for this), and potentially also help users to distinguish calculated fields from others. This could also help to deconvolute pdf reports with child records in them.

It's a perk for sure, but with all of the incredible expansions that you've brought to the system (child records, calculated fields, more...), design is getting harder in terms of seeing what's been done/needs doing -- and I would see something like this as a great addition to the UI side of the platform, for users and designers.

All the best,

Tory

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 16 May, 2016 01:18 PM

Hello Tory,

Thanks a lot for sharing this feedback with us, as well as, providing us with some insight on how you ensure your apps work as expected.

I will share this with the development team.

Thanks
    Alex

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac