This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Custom export templates

James C

02 Feb, 2016 03:40 AM

Hi,

Prior to importing exported Fulcrum data into our CMMS using CSV files, we have to perform various clean-ups/manipulations, for example:

• removing native Fulcrum columns our system does not have capacity for, e.g. created, updated, status, _caption, _url fields etc
  • renaming the fulcrum_id column to the CMMS' applicable attribute name if it is a field we store (varies from app to app)
  • re-ordering columns to match column order requirements defined by CMMS, which don't always meet the logical flow of an app layout

It would be really helpful if it was possible to define a template that exported data gets mapped to prior to export to do away with the need to manually tweak the data following inspection. Is this something you have considered implementing?

Thanks
James

1. 1 Posted by Bryan McBride on 02 Feb, 2016 03:57 AM

Hi James,

We are building a Query API that's going to make these operations a whole lot easier for you. You will be able to write your own SQL SELECT statement to pull out just the data you need, with the column names and orders you want. Stay tuned as we are working hard to get this released ASAP!

2. 2 Posted by James C on 02 Feb, 2016 04:00 AM

Hi Bryan,

Sounds good, will be interested to see how it works.

Sounds like you are working hard - isn't it 11PM in Florida? ;-)

James

3. 3 Posted by Bryan McBride on 02 Feb, 2016 04:02 AM

Always working hard for you guys!

4. 4 Posted by James C on 02 Feb, 2016 04:14 AM

Without knowing the specifics of what you're building, in case it's not in the plan I would like to put my hand up for the capability to write a query and then make it available to a restricted number of other users on the account - users who won't have the first clue how to write SQL (which is most of them!).

5. 5 Posted by Bryan McBride on 03 Feb, 2016 04:27 PM

That's certainly something we are looking into. Stay tuned!

6. 6 Posted by mmurray on 29 Jul, 2016 02:00 AM

This is new functionality I'm extremely interested in also. I know this thread is several months old. Any word on its progress?

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Alex Helms on 29 Jul, 2016 12:24 PM

We are currently beta testing the query API, if all goes well, we should be releasing the feature sometime in August.

8. 8 Posted by mmurray on 29 Jul, 2016 11:29 PM

Thanks. Looking forward to it!

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac