This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Freehand draw field

Woody Bailey

11 Dec, 2014 02:31 PM

I noticed a couple suggestions for a drawing field. I have had a number of requests from within my organization as well. I have tried to suggest that they simply use a good draw app and bring the drawing in as an image from gallery. While some find this to be a good solution others just resist leaving the form view to multi-task. One creative individual actually overcame this limitation by using the existing signature field to make simple sketches. So I suggest that you can kick this feature off by simply copying the signature data type, renaming it and changing the limits of the drawing area so it isn't so short and wide. I am sure you want to add something more full featured with colors, highlight, text and simple shapes, but I think this could be added in time to enhance the freehand drawing field.

Along the same lines it would be great if the photo's you take within the app could allow you to launch the drawing tools so you can annotate, or sketch upon the photos.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 11 Dec, 2014 02:48 PM

Hello Woody,

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

The ability to sketch and annotate photos is something that is planned for Fulcrum. I cannot comment on when development of this functionality will begin, but I can share that this is towards the top of the future Fulcrum features list.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. 2 Posted by toryalaihart on 05 Aug, 2016 10:28 AM

That would be amazing. I've been having my teams draw floor plans and schematics in third party packages, and then screenshot, crop and add to photo field from gallery. Not only is the data unreliable, but it's just too much hassle and users don't do it. A simple "Draw" field with shapes, lines, colors, fills, line types and thicknesses would be fantastic.

3. 3 Posted by K Dinuzzo on 09 Aug, 2016 10:24 PM

We would also love to see some of the functionality discussed above. Use of another app/program (like notes) to import a drawing or organise it separately becomes a bit slow and discourages the user from creating a diagram. Pretty much everything Woody said rings true for us as well.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Alex Helms on 10 Aug, 2016 11:54 AM

Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback with us, Tory and Kieran.

This is still something that we plan to add at some point, just do not have a solid timeline on when yet.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac