This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

User rights for fields?

Koos Uys

01 Aug, 2014 04:54 AM

Is it possible to set read/write values of fields depending on the user group?

What I want to do is this:

1. It is a snaglist application for construction work.

2. The engineers and architect walk on site and record snags via photos and comments. This data is now available for the contractor to attend to.

3. The contractor's foreman can walk with his mobile on site, sign off snags and take a photo as proof, but of course we do not want him to be able to change any input that was done before.

4. Similarly, the engineers and architects can do checks based on what the contractor indicated was completed but they cannot change any of the contractor's input. They can only sign of the snags if they are satisfied.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 01 Aug, 2014 12:21 PM

Hello,

The work flow you are describing is currently not available in Fulcrum. Thanks for sharing your interest in this sort of functionality. I am going to move this thread to the suggestions section so that other may voice their opinion on this request.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. 2 Posted by Koos uys on 01 Aug, 2014 01:57 PM

Alex,

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking that maybe it can work similar to a "Repeat" or "Section" from control All that one defines is in how many chops it meeds to be divided, drag in the fields in each slice and define the permissions for that slice. It is therefore purely sequential and nothing more. (but a real workflow could be awesome in some cases)

If a slice is sign off, data entry for that section is closed. It is read only. :)

3. 3 Posted by Koos Uys on 17 Jan, 2015 07:31 PM

Any feedback on this idea?

4. 4 Posted by toryalaihart on 14 Dec, 2015 02:06 PM

I would also very much welcome this feature. People with different qualifications could have edit to different data segments, and supervisors would control certain fields. Maybe there's a way to do this now with "Record Link" but haven't been successful with that as of yet....

5. 5 Posted by toryalaihart on 05 Aug, 2016 10:41 AM

As my app suite grows in complexity, and users increase in number and demographic / type, this is now very high on my wish-list for Fulcrum.

Even if it were only for entire "Sections" or just the status field, would be a massive upgrade.

If there were a way to customize user profiles/rights by application as opposed to globally across all apps, that could also provide substantial permissions functionality in the framework.
    Eg.
    1) Read-Write-Create in app #1
    2) Read only in app #2
    3) Edit-existing only but not create new in app #3

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Alex Helms on 05 Aug, 2016 01:20 PM

Hello Tory and Koors,

This should be possible with the data event feature. You can individually control the ability to enter data into fields based on the user or user's role.

Here is one example setting the entire app to read-only based on the user's role in the plan: http://developer.fulcrumapp.com/data-events/examples/readonly-field...

Tory - number three might be a little difficult, but there might be something that we can come up with to do this too.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac