This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Sort by distance on list view

Paul Wickman

03 Mar, 2014 12:39 AM

In an earlier version of FulcrumApp you used to be able to get a list of records ordered nearest/furthest from the current GPS location. It doesn't appear that the record list is sorted this way any longer? That sure used to be a handy feature!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 03 Mar, 2014 01:18 PM

Hello Paul,

The nearest feature was removed, some time ago, in favor of the new list view. I will share your request to have some sort of distance sort feature added to Fulcrum.

I am going to move this to the suggestions section, so that others interested in this functionality can voice it.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. 2 Posted by Paul Wickman on 03 Mar, 2014 01:35 PM

Thanks, Alex. How are records sorted in the current list view?

Paul Wickman
    CTO | Flat Rock Geographics
    612.280.5850 | [email blocked]
    flatrockgeo.com | @PW_FlatRockGeo

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Alex Helms on 03 Mar, 2014 01:44 PM

Hello Paul,

Currently you can sort the records by: Record Title, Record Status, Date/Time (record) Created, and Date/Time (record) Updated.

Thanks,
    Aelx

4. 4 Posted by Paul Wickman on 03 Mar, 2014 06:23 PM

Ok, thanks. Yes, it would be extremely helpful to have the capability back
    to sort by distance. We actually used to use it fairly frequently for some
    of our signs inventory stuff, for example to quickly find the record
    associated with the *nearest* sign of a particular type rather than having
    to hunt-and-peck by clicking pins on the map.

Thanks,
      Paul

5. 5 Posted by Janina on 10 Aug, 2016 12:06 PM

This topic has just come up within my company. We were also discussing that this would be highly beneficial. Are there any intentions to include the option sort by distance again?

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Alex Helms on 10 Aug, 2016 01:31 PM

There is still a possibility of us adding some ability to sort the data by distance. There has not been a lot of interest in this functionality, so it has been placed on the backlog for now.

Is just having the sorting option good enough for your needs or would your needs also require the distance to the record to be displayed?

7. 7 Posted by Janina on 11 Aug, 2016 09:13 AM

Thank you Alex for your quick reply. That´s good news. It is actually of quite high importance for us. Could you include the sort by distance list view?

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Alex Helms on 11 Aug, 2016 02:13 PM

The best I can do, and what I have done, is share your interest in this feature with management and the development team so that they can take it into consideration when developing the product roadmap.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac