This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

capabilities

tyler

11 Nov, 2015 08:39 PM

I have a few things that I need out of this app and instead of spending hours playing around on your website it's probably just easier to tell you what I need and you can tell me if it works for us or not.

1. I need to have one person start a project in the field that another person can go back into later and edit. (Example: Auditor collects data and later the sales rep can access the data and add the pricing for the recommendations)

2. I need to be able to customize the aesthetics of the form so that it can have static information or images. We don't want to have to move data from the form to another presentation template.

3. I would really like the ability to have a pricing calculator in the fields so that if I have 2 units of x it will auto calculate the price based on a predetermined formula.

Thanks for answering these questions. Hopefully this will work for us.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 11 Nov, 2015 08:51 PM

Hello Tyler,

Thanks for checking out Fulcrum. Below are the answers to your questions.

1) By default, members that have access to the same app/form can see data collected by other individuals. They can also edit the records that the other individuals have created. This can be restricted if necessary, by using either project tags or record assignment functionality.

2) Static information can be added to an app by using the label field type. Right now images can not be added to the form structure, but you could use a hyperlink field to direct the user to an image they should see. We do plan on adding in-line image capabilities to app, choice lists, and classification sets in the future.

3) We have a field type called the calculation field that can be used to run any mathematical calculation needed. This field type also supports Javascript, so more complex expressions and formulas can be written. We also have a field type called record linking, with this field type you can use one app/form as a lookup table and pull in data from the linked record into the main record.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
    Alex

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac