This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Map context data and checklist search function

Eric

29 May, 2015 08:49 PM

Hi,

I just signed up for the trial service and I think the app provides very promising features for my project.

However I have two questions:

1) Is there anyway for us to display our own spatial context data on the map? By spatial context data, I mean the data that cannot be collected or edited but will be shown on the map as the context for our field workers to know where exactly they are at. For example, the locations of water meters and buildings. The ideal scenario is that the field worker can see the locations of the meters/buildings on the Fulcrum app with the labels on.

2) Is there any support for searching items in your checklist? On my iPhone app I have a very long checklist with round 300 items, which makes it impossible for a field work to select. Is there any support for searching in a drop down box? For example, when a field worker wants to select from a list of addresses (or device manufacture numbers) he is currently working on.

Thanks!

Meng

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 29 May, 2015 09:05 PM

Hello Eric,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your questions and for checking out Fulcrum!

1. The best way to do this would be to create a custom MBTiles layer that can be used by your team in the field.

2. Right now the only field that has a searchable picklist on iOS is the Classification set field. We are looking at adding this for choice fields in the future.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
    Alex

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac