This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Exporting as GDB not working

's Avatar

juan.delgado

05 Jun, 2014 01:04 PM

I'm trying to export my data as 'ESRI File Geodatabase (.gdb)' but it fails every time.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 05 Jun, 2014 02:45 PM

Hello,

We took a look and the two errors we are seeing is a result of the restrictions that File Geodatabases files have. Specifically, .gdb files do not allow for table names and column names to start with a numeric value. Fulcrum sets the app name as the table name and a field's data name as the column name. If you remove the numeric values from being in the front of the app name and the front of the fields' data name in your app then you should be able to successfully export your data in that file format.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. 2 Posted by kbehm on 26 Oct, 2016 03:26 PM

Hi -
    I have a similar problem with the file geodatabase export. In my case the export completes, but does not show the download icon. The table names do not begin with numeric values.

I can successfully export to spatialite and then load the tables into QGIS and ArcMap. In ArcMap I can also convert the spatialite to a new file geodatabase.

Thanks for taking a look at the file geodatabase export again.
    Kevin

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Alex Helms on 26 Oct, 2016 04:03 PM

Hello Kevin,

It looks like the issue with your export is that two or more of the table names are the same. We believe this is with the tables that are being made from the repeatable sections in your app. Geodatabases limits table names to 64 characters and this is resulting in two of the table names sharing the same name, while the repeatable sections are unique in Fulcrum.

We will take a look at the repeatable sections and see if we can locate exactly which repeatable sections this is happening with, but we will need some time to explore this further.

Thanks,
    Alex

4. 4 Posted by kbehm on 26 Oct, 2016 07:04 PM

Thanks Alex -

The column name 'OBJECTID' has special significance to ESRI and seems to confuse the geodatabase export routine. The export works fine with the column renamed to 'ESRIID' if someone really needs the value.

I'm using some long table names, but they are within the 64 char limit.

thanks,
    Kevin

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Alex Helms on 26 Oct, 2016 07:11 PM

Hello Kevin,

Thanks for the added information. We were able to realize that the 64 character limit was not the issue too.

So just to confirm, the OBJECTID column name was the issue and this is resolved for you now, correct?

Thanks,
    Alex

6. 6 Posted by kbehm on 26 Oct, 2016 08:14 PM

Yes, that seems to be the issue. To confirm you can add an 'OBJECTID' field and then try to export as a geodatabase.

Kevin

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac