This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Cannot Datashare to Google Sheets - Too Much Data

Daniel Boucher

26 Sep, 2016 02:19 PM

Hello,

I am trying to use a datashare to import a CSV to Google Sheets, but when I attempt to do so, Sheets' IMPORTDATA function returns 'Error: Resource at url contents exceeded maximum size.' Does anyone have a solution for this? I would like to use Google Sheets, if possible. Can I select specific columns to import as a way to reduce the quantity of data? Can I split the data into separate pages or sheets? Thank you.

Regards,
Daniel

1. 1 Posted by Bryan McBride on 26 Sep, 2016 02:25 PM

Hi Daniel,

Take a look at the query parameters supported by data shares. Your best best is probably to implement some sort of pagination scheme using the per_page and page parameters.

2. 2 Posted by Daniel Boucher on 26 Sep, 2016 02:32 PM

Thanks Bryan. I'm having trouble figuring out how to use query parameters. Is there a specific syntax to follow, or something more to it?

3. 3 Posted by Bryan McBride on 26 Sep, 2016 02:34 PM

Something like this: https://web.fulcrumapp.com/shares/{ACCESS_TOKEN}.csv?per_page=100&page=1.

4. 4 Posted by Daniel Boucher on 26 Sep, 2016 02:35 PM

Excellent, thank you!

5. 5 Posted by Daniel Boucher on 26 Sep, 2016 03:16 PM

Other than project ID and Fulcrum ID do you know whether it's possible to only import rows in which a specified field meets a certain value? E.g. Only import data where gender = male?

6. 6 Posted by Bryan McBride on 27 Sep, 2016 12:38 PM

We are working on a Query API, which will help with this. In the meantime, you can filter the data once it's in Google Sheets.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac