This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Data Event Selecting Choice Value

dan

25 Jul, 2016 12:12 AM

Does anyone know the syntax to select a choice value via a Data Event?

1. 1 Posted by dan on 25 Jul, 2016 12:44 AM

I figured it out. The SETVALUE command works for choices, but there is a bug in the preview window that it doesn't reflect the value right away, you have to select something else and then it will always be one behind.

It works fine on the mobile apps, so it's definitely a weird Preview App Bug

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Alex Helms on 25 Jul, 2016 01:36 PM

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us.

Did you happen to notice this behaviour in the record editor on web app as well or just in the preview app option?

3. 3 Posted by dan on 25 Jul, 2016 11:28 PM

I only tested / noticed the bug in the preview app option

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 9:36 AM, Alex Helms <
    Dan Levine
    CEO
    CytexOne TechnologyTel: 212-792-6721
    Email: mailto:%24%7Bemail%7D
    Web: http://www.cytexone.com
    Smart Business | Smart Hotels | Smart Homes | Smart Buildings50 Hudson Street
    3rd Floor

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Alex Helms on 26 Jul, 2016 12:08 PM

Thanks a lot for the added information!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Alex Helms on 26 Jul, 2016 03:08 PM

Hello Dan,

I believe that this is a rendering bug, the value is actually being populated, but the field appears empty. This is also happening on address fields. The team is looking into addressing this issue.

Thanks,
    Alex

6. 6 Posted by keith on 08 Nov, 2016 01:53 AM

This comment was split into a new private discussion: Data Event Selecting Choice Value

I have a similar problem in that I display / hide fields based on the selected items in a choice field.
    If I write a set of values to the choice field using SETVALUE() and then call the function to display/hide the fields, the app (ipad) acts as though the choice field has not been updated.

Looking at the app the field has been updated, but the logic in the Data Event does not pick up the latest value. Invoking the function from the app after the Data Events hae completed does now reflect the updated value

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Alex Helms on 08 Nov, 2016 01:21 PM

Hello Keith,

I am going to pull this into a new conversation so that I can ask some questions that you probably do not want to share with the general public.

Thanks,
    Alex

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac