This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Moving Photos

Mark

07 Jul, 2016 05:43 PM

Hi there I have been capturing park assets. I have been taking a photo of a park bench as well as bench plaque. I recently changed my app to make this two separate photo values (one for overall park bench, one for park plaque). However, I have already captured photos and data for over a 200 hundred benches using 1 photo value with multiple photos. With two photo values i will be better able to catalog and show/unshow these later on. Is there an easy way to transfer the photos I have already captured from 1 photo value to the newly created second value. Sorry if this is confusing.

Mark

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 07 Jul, 2016 06:14 PM

Hello Mark,

What you can do is run an export and export all the data out of that app. Then in the export file move the photo id of the plaque photo into the new plague photo field. Once this is done you can import the file back into your app and update the existing records.

One thing to note is that during the review step of the import process, you will get a message that says something about the photo file not being in the import file and a placeholder will be used. This is typically the case when you are moving a photo from one app to another, but you do not need to do this when moving the photos from one field to another within the same record. You can ignore the warning messages for this use case.

Thanks,
    Alex

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac