This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

custom url

waiotahi

04 Oct, 2015 09:23 PM

Hi there - I have an http field setup to open another app (within Fulcrum) on my iphone (using custom URL) - it works well and launches the other app - the only issue is that when I close the second app it doesn't bring me back to Fulcrum - I have to launch fulcrum again where its asks me to close the http field and I can then complete my form & save. Is there any way we can get back to Fulcrum automatically when we close the second app? Thanks in advance

1. 1 Posted by waiotahi on 04 Oct, 2015 10:19 PM

I'm about to answer my own question - In iOS 9 there is a new feature "Back to <app>
    When an application is called from the other one, there is "Back to <app>" in top panel.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Alex Helms on 05 Oct, 2015 12:45 PM

Hello,

You are correct about the new iOS 9 feature that added a button with that allows users to go back to the app. This feature is at the OS level and not something that we have control over. Definitely one of the nice additional in iOS 9.

Thanks,
    Alex

3. 3 Posted by waiotahi on 09 Nov, 2016 04:44 AM

We have several custom url schemes which have previously working fine - now all links seem to broken.
    The error message being shown says 'ERROR' - The URL can't be shown
    OKAY or RETRY
    Is this an IOS or Fulcrum issue - can't test on Android
    Thanks

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Alex Helms on 09 Nov, 2016 02:30 PM

Can you let me know the name of the app that has the URLs in it and which fields have the URLs?

5. 5 Posted by waiotahi on 13 Nov, 2016 09:09 PM

I have contacted the 3rd party app (MobileGrid) that we are trying to open within Fulcrum to see if anything has changed at their end.
    Their reply - ‘Ask Fulcrum to add support for MobileGrid.
    Apple updated security in IOS9 and a key is required if the app wants to open other schemes (except of apple-known, like http or mailto)
    Fulcrum has no MobileGrid scheme in its LSAplicationQueriesSchemes key of info.plist ‘
    Hope this is of some help

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Alex Helms on 14 Nov, 2016 01:17 PM

Thanks for the information! I will pass this on to the iOS development team.

7. 7 Posted by waiotahi on 14 Nov, 2016 07:54 PM

Are you able to give me some indication when this could be actioned? This a feature that is used across numerous forms and I will need to come up with a workaround in the next few days if this is likely to take some time to implement

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Alex Helms on 14 Nov, 2016 08:17 PM

If the development and management team choose to add support for this app, it would not be implement in the near future.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac