This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Export New Submissions to Cloud Platform

Craig Muir

08 Dec, 2016 02:43 AM

Hi folks,

We have been using the platform for quite a while to help with automation of repetitive tasks and reduce missing data issues. So far it has been great. We are looking to create a new app which we could use take meter readings on a clients site. These readings would literally need a meter name, meter value and a date/time stamp for the reading.

I need to automate this data getting into our web platform. To do this I am ideally looking for new submissions to create a CSV file where row 1 would be:

DateTime, MeterName

And row 2 would be like:

2016-12-08 12:00, 103476

I then need this csv file to either be uploaded to an FTP server or sent to an email address. Does anyone know how this is possible and what other software would be needed?

1. 1 Posted by Bryan McBride on 08 Dec, 2016 06:05 PM

Hi Craig,

You're best bet for this would probably be to utilize Fulcrum webhooks. Webhooks notify you when events occur, such as new records, and allow you to take an action, such as sending an email. If you are comfortable writing code, you could script out your own notification. Alternatively, you may want to look into Fulcrum's integration with Zapier, which makes this process a little easier. Finally, you can always engage with our Integration Services team to build this workflow for you.

Best regards,
    Bryan

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac