This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

upload a new photo section in API document

bill.zhang

28 Oct, 2016 08:08 PM

I have a couple of questions regarding upload new photo API:
1. I would like to know if I can upload Word/PDF document to a record? We have scenarios that mobile user may need to open PDF files for instructions or something.
2. The sample code for uploading photo is Javascript. I hosted it on my web server. it can't invoke your API due to cross origin issue. how do I get it to work?
3. on the upload api call I dont see record id. How do I link the photo to a specific record?
Thanks

1. 1 Posted by jason on 31 Oct, 2016 01:07 PM

Hi Bill

1. We are exploring the option to allow file uploads of any type, but for now only photos are accepted.
    2. Can you give me an idea of what your specific code looks like? Some older browsers do not support Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) so this could be what is holding you up.
    3. To link a photo to a record you'll need to add the photo id, and optionally a caption, for that photo in the record JSON that you push to the API. It will look a little something like this `[{"photo_id":"a8d1df96-44e5-75e9-7312-7e2c5e902496,"caption": "optional caption here"}]`. You can see this in the developer docs here: http://developer.fulcrumapp.com/endpoints/records/#form-value-field-types

I hope that helps. Let me know if something is still tripping you up.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac