This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

how to create a project and set user permission with REST API

hfirouzi

18 Jun, 2015 04:39 PM

Hi,
I would like to use the rest API to create a project and set user permissions. the API documentation is not clear how to do that particularly for the project user permission.

Is there any documentation that explain the JSON file need to be posted?

Thanks,
Hadi

1. 1 Posted by Kyle Tolle on 02 Jul, 2015 11:11 PM

Hi Hadi,

I've updated the Projects API documentation a bit to provide some additional information about the attributes, validation, and example JSON.

A project's members have to be added through the web application. This isn't currently possible through the API.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Cheers,
    Kyle

2. 2 Posted by hfirouzi on 03 Jul, 2015 01:36 AM

Thank you Kyle for the update. Are you guys going to implement the project’s member functionality in the API in future, if so when would be its timeline?

-Hadi

Hadi Firouzi, Ph.D.
    Vice President, Technology
    Encepta Corp.

M: 250-575-0281
    T: 604-299-3710 Ext 225

This E-mail and attachments (if any) are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, please advise the sender by return E-mail,and do not use or disclose the contents. Please delete the message and any attachments from your system immediately. Unless specifically stated, this E-mail does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender. Any dissemination or copying of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.

3. 3 Posted by Kyle Tolle on 17 Jul, 2015 09:35 PM

Hi Hadi,

That functionality is not on our roadmap, so I can't give you a timeline. I'll be sure to make note of your interest in this feature.

Cheers,
    Kyle

4. 4 Posted by Kyle Tolle on 17 Jul, 2015 09:55 PM

Hello Hadi,

Some good news! A coworker just informed me that we did recently make some changes to the API that support this. We haven’t had time to fully document them and get the changes into the client libraries yet.

You can get your organization's memberships from GET /memberships, and then refer to the examples in the link below to update the members on a given project.

https://gist.github.com/zhm/235970164f60c13ab5d5

This should help get you started.

Cheers,
    Kyle

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac