This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

client_created_at and client_updated_at

d.white

29 Apr, 2015 01:03 AM

I need to make some assertions about date values from records in Fulcrum, and I was wondering how the dates sourced from clients are treated. If I have client_created_at="2014-04-09T12:24:36Z", is that date in UTC or the timezone of the tablet/phone the record was created on?
If the the tablet/phone has the wrong time or timezone set, will that be reflected in the client_created_at/client_updated_at values or does Fulcrum do some magic to correct this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Alex Helms on 29 Apr, 2015 12:55 PM

Hello,

The timestamp you have list is a UTC timestamp. You can tell the timestamps with a timezone by the offset time after the timestamp information. An example of this is: 2014-11-26 20:19 -05:00, where the -05:00 indicated that the timestamp is 5 hours behind UTC.

If the client has a different time zone, it's fine, the records are always converted to UTC so the timezone plays no part, as long as, the device has the correct time. Meaning that if the device is set to a different timezone then there will be no issue. However, if the device is set to an incorrect time in the timezone it is set for there will be an issue.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. 2 Posted by d.white on 29 Apr, 2015 08:26 PM

Thanks Alex, that makes sense.

Cheers,
    Duncan

3. d.white closed this discussion on 19 Jul, 2016 02:51 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac