This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Rate Limit Exceeded

d.white

15 Apr, 2015 12:40 AM

Hi, I'm getting an HTTP 429 error with a "Rate Limit Exceeded" response when trying to download records via the API. I suspect there is a bug in my code which caused an infinite loop making repeated API calls which led to this, but how long will I have to wait before I can use the API again?

1. 1 Posted by d.white on 15 Apr, 2015 12:54 AM

Working again now, so I guess I had to sit in the naughty corner for about 10 minutes (which is probably fair enough).

Unfortunately during this time a number of web portal pages stopped working (showing "error, please reload page" messages so it seems my API client bug borked the web portal for the other users in my organisation.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Alex Helms on 15 Apr, 2015 12:46 PM

Hello Duncan,

There is a 5000 calls per hour set for every account. Please note that if exceeded only the member's account that exceed the calls per hour will be restricted until the hour resets, other members use of Fulcrum should not be restricted. The rate limit resets every hour, so you should never have to wait over that amount of time.

Were you trying to access the web portal with the same account that exceeded the API rate limit?

Thanks,
    Alex

3. 3 Posted by d.white on 16 Apr, 2015 08:38 PM

Hi Alex,

Yes I was, for some reason I had in my mind there was one API key per organisation, but of course each user has their own API key. So as you say, only my account would have been affected.

Thanks,
    Duncan

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac