This site has been archived. Please visit help.fulcrumapp.com for our new support documentation and contact information.

Email Notifications to Assigned User

tshifflett

11 Nov, 2014 01:59 PM

I've followed the Email Notifications tutorial and customized it a bit to fit my organizations needs. However, I'm running into a small roadblock. I'd like the email to be sent to the user that the record is assigned to, not a static email address as is shown in the tutorial. However, from what I can tell the webhook field "assigned_to" returns the name of the assginee rather than an email address (unlike in the CSV export where the same field returns an email address). It looks like there isn't a field in the webhook I can use. How can I find the users email address?

Do you have any advice or can you point me in the right direction?

-Tim

1. 1 Posted by Bryan McBride on 11 Nov, 2014 09:04 PM

Hi Tim,

The webhook record payload matches the records API, and does not currently include the assigned_to email, which is included in the export. We are going to look into adding this to the record and webhook API's to make things easier on developers. In the meantime, you can utilize the memberships API endpoint to fetch the emails for any given user name or id. Be sure to authenticate this membership request with an organization owner to retrieve all possible members. Let us know if you have any additional questions or run into any other troubles with this.

Thanks again!

-Bryan

2. 2 Posted by tshifflett on 02 Dec, 2014 08:52 PM

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the help. I was able to modify the script to grab the assginee's email address and then send the email to that address. I appreciate your help.

-Tim

3. 3 Posted by Bryan McBride on 02 Dec, 2014 08:59 PM

Thanks for replying Tim. I'm going to close this issue, but we are still looking at adding the "assigned_to" email to the webhook payload.

-Bryan

4. Bryan McBride closed this discussion on 02 Dec, 2014 08:59 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac